Saturday, December 12, 2009

The week ended good for me

Good morning,

It’s Saturday again and it’s time to evaluate the performance of KUTE’s stock selection for the week. I have to keep this blog short today. After the heavy drinking session with the financial editors of the nation’s newspaper s and correspondents from financial institutions, I have trouble waking up so early in the morning so that I can be on time for my stock trading seminar at 9.30am Singapore time. So I will just jump straight into the performance evaluation.

I had forecasted the US markets to be trading within range and it will be choppy, and would probably end the week flat. The decision was to buy at dip and set limits targets for the stocks selected. DJIA was 10,388.90 at last Friday close and gained 10,471.50. The range for the index was 10,207.29 to 10,471.50.

NOV last Friday’s close was $42.28 and last night close was $43.94. This stock price was volatile and the range was $40.92 to $43.96. I bought 5 positions in stages as the price declines and sold 4 of them at limits with profits. The remainder position is still in the money and I am happy with to hold this position longer.

DOX was $28.22 and ended the week at $27.14. The decision was to buy when the stock dip and take a quick profit and stayed out after the trades. The range was $26.74 and $28.58. I bought a position when it dipped on Monday but I didn’t get out fast enough when the position was in-the-money. The stock traded downward since then and my current position is in the red.

NE was $39.95 and closed at $40.40 last night, ICUI was $35.02 and closed at $35.40 and HP was $36.80 and ended this week at $38.28. KUTE’s selection was right for NOV, ICUI and NE. HP met the first fundamental selection but technical prevented me from buying this counter. As for DOX, it is a good lesion to learn that technical may tell us the current market participants’ behavior towards the stock but it can never correctly pinpoint a definite price for entering and exiting a stock.

I am looking forward to next Monday for the new KUTE selection and see you then. Have a great weekend and enjoy your profits!
Francies Cheng
BBus MAppliedFInance

No comments:

Post a Comment