Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Good morning,

It’s Christmas Eve and soon the year will be over. It has been more than 3 months since I started this blog to share my thoughts, strategies and trading decisions. It is not easy to consistently write every day, much more if it’s the subject for finance. It is tiring but yet fulfilling. It’s tiring because I have to wake up early every morning (Singapore time) to write, and fulfilling because I am seeing more hits and readers. I hope that I have achieved my aim when I started, i.e. to share and hope that those who are trading the US markets can have a systematic method to select the good companies and increase their chances of having consistent returns from trading these companies’ stocks. It will surely make my day if any of my readers can share their trading experience if they have applied KUTE’s method .A note of appreciation to keep me going is much welcomed, especially so if you have made money.

US markets opened higher last night but surrendered its early gain after new home sales report. It was a choppy ride throughout the session and ended in positive territory, with DJIA up only 0.01% and the broader S&P 500 up 0.23%. For the selected stocks, NOV gained 2.14% to close at $44.77, DOX up 1.29% to close at $28.33, NE up 1.45% to close at $41.26, PTI gained 0.33% to close at $19.86 and MGLN continues its impressive gain to close 1.28% higher at $41.83. My positions for NOV and DOX are in-the-money, and I am still holding to the stocks since both have yet hit my limit orders. It nice to see PTI gaining some grounds but I am still a little in the red for this share.

Merry Christmas and have a great time partying tonight!

Francies Cheng
BBus MAppliedFinance

No comments:

Post a Comment