Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yankees

Good morning,

It’s the seventh day into the New Year and so far the year has being good for my stocks. I had a great time with a couple of new friends from Sands in my bar chatting about the Yankees. One of them is from the States and has supported the Yankees since 10. I came to know about Yankee when I was staying in New York and without the daily dose of soccer, I grew to enjoy baseball, watching the games every night in my room. It was those nights that I learned about the game, how the scores were calculated, the positional play and the strength and weaknesses of each player. The more I understand the game, the better I am predicting the possible outcome of the results. Isn’t it the same as trading stocks? The more I know about the companies I am trading, the better chances I have to be profitable in these stocks I trade. So it the same constant reminder, that is to do our homework to understand the companies before trading the stocks.

The DJIA and the broader S&P 50 ended higher while the Nasdaq dipped on Wednesday after Federal Reserve officials said they were still worried about labor market weakness and a report on the services sector showed only slight improvement in the economy. Despite plenty of potential catalysts for trade, the broader stock market lacked direction for the second straight session. Traders were muted during the session and it seems that they are all waiting for tomorrow’s non-farm payrolls report to ascertain the strength of the recovery. At market close, DJIA rose 1.66 points, or 0.02 percent, to end at 10,573.68. The S&P 500 Index inched up just 0.62 of a point, or 0.05 percent, to finish at 1,137.14 and Nasdaq dropped 7.62 points, or 0.33 percent, to 2,301.09.

Despite the muted reactions and the slight gain of the markets, stocks selected by KUTE did well last night. NOV gained another 1.43% to close at $47.56, PDE up 1.16% to close at $33.21, PTI up 2.5% at $21.36, NE up 1.31% at $44.15, CAB up 1.43% at $14.90 and DSX up 0.13% at $15.84. My position in PTI was squared while drinking wine with my friends when it hit my limit orders. PTEN was also sold after achieving its target returns. The current positions in PDE are in the money and with PTEN finally sold with profits after 3 months at more than 20% returns, I am feeling good that KUTE system has not have a single losing trade for the last 3 quarters.

Have a great day.
Francies Cheng
BBus MAppliedFinance

No comments:

Post a Comment