Friday, January 22, 2010

My last few blogs?

Good morning,

I am disappointed. No, it’s not about the returns of my stock trading. Rather it is the respond to my advertisement. Make no mistake; I have many calling me registering their interest for my seminar. However most of them thought that I am conducting a program selling stock free seminar, and when I mentioned that they have to pay for the course, they withdraw their interest. I should have believed my friends who suggested that I should charge $3000 and use part of the proceeds to pay for free seminars to market the program. Perhaps I have too much confidence with my program because I have made money as long as I apply the KUTE system which I am prepared to share. I am now having second thoughts about continuing my program. Perhaps I should just forget about sharing the right way to select stocks to trade and rather build a business managing other people’s monies with KUTE systems. If I am to choose the latter choice, I will discontinue this daily blog and change the frequency to weekly instead. Maybe I should just keep the secret to myself and free myself from writing this blog. What do you think?

I did a technical review of the stocks selected this week last night and here is the summary:

NOV weekly candle formation is still a “Sell” and the daily formation is a “Sell-if”. DSX weekly “Buy-If” and daily “Wait” has not changed. PDE weekly is a “Sell” and daily is a “Hold”, NE has the “Sell-if” and “Buy-if” for both its weekly and daily respectively, TDW weekly and daily are both “Sell” and MGLN weekly candlestick formation is still a “Hold” and Its daily is a “Wait”. With these signals the decision was to stay out of the market.

The US markets bled heavily last night. Threats of tighter monetary policy in China and increased bank regulation combined with a sell-the-news mentality to drop the stock market for its worst single-session percentage loss in nearly 12 weeks. NOV closed 3.35% down at $44.39, NE lost 1.52% to close at $43.30, DSX down 1.92% to close at $14.79, PDE lost 2.83% to close at $31.21 and MGLN lost 1.15% to close at $40.30. The KUTE system had correctly predicted and suggested to sell at lower target returns and stay out of the market for most of the selected stocks that are fundamentally strong. My positions are out-of-the-money and the worst stock I am still holding is Citigroup. I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel but it is not to be.

Francies Cheng
BBus MAppliedFinance

No comments:

Post a Comment