Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Look at my advert in Today's paper today

Good morning,

Today is the day my first advertisement in the Today’s paper for my stock trading seminar for beginners. I am excited but unsure if there will be good response. Why am I so unsure? Well, it’s because my advertisement does not promise that my students can make $10,000 a month from a small capital of $1000, and that I am only charging SDG 388 for the one day program. My friends have advised me to conduct “Free” introductory seminars to sell the program and felt that SDG 388 is too cheap and may be perceived as a “cheap” educational stock program, rather than a success secret formula sharing session. They suggested that I should charge SDG2800 for a 2 day program. They may be right but I do not believe that there is any real secret success formula and if there is, SDG 2800 would be too cheap. I am just interested to teach and share my method of stock selection and my aim is my participants can analysis and trade stocks like the professionals. So I can only hope for the best response.

US markets closed with moderate loss last night as minutes showed Federal Reserve officials are confident the recovery is sustainable. The market had declined earlier on a report that showed the economy grew at a slower than previously estimated pace in the September quarter. U.S. GDP was determined to have expanded at a 2.8% rate in the third quarter. That was in step with expectations, but it marked a considerable downward revision to the 3.5% increase that was posted as part of the advance GDP estimate. Trading was volatile and volume was low on Tuesday, which is likely to continue through the holiday shortened trading week, with markets closed for Thanksgiving Day on Thursday. Stocks also trade in a shortened session on Friday. With such reports, I am expecting the rates to stay low and USD to continue to slide for the near future. I am predicting that Gold price will continue to advance and energy related stock will continue to perform well. Although analysts are estimating that crude supplies have gained amid the slowing economy, I am pricing in the future growth into my expectation of the oil related stocks.

NOV closed 1.08% higher at $44.00 last night and the sole position I have is well in the money. I have placed a buy order at $42.90 but the lowest the stock went last night was $42.91. Missed opportunity but I am learning not to feel too emotional about it. MGLN closed 1.53% higher at $37.28 and APOG was down 1.11% at $14.30. CSH and ABM were both down at 0.31% and 0.83% respectively.

Have a great day today!

Francies Cheng
BBus MAppliedFinance

No comments:

Post a Comment