Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Am I right?

Good morning,

Liverpool lost 0-2 in the European Champions League and US Dow Jones dropped 47.16 points, or 0.48 percent, to 9,742.20, S&P 500 Index shed 2.37 points, or 0.22 percent, to 1,060.61 and Nasdaq Index dipped 6.70 points, or 0.31percent, to 2,124.04. It's not a very pleasant night for me, isn't it?
Well, football wise yes. They played unexpectedly bad in the first half, beyond what I had expected. Stocks? Well, at least with the current information, we can use it to forecast quite correctly the most likely movements for the next period. So while I was hurt emotionally that Liverpool lost, I am still better off in my portfolio of US stocks last night.
As a keen believer of the unique system for stock selection and execution I developed, I held on to the shares I bought, even though the broad US DJIA forecasted using Cycletrend was showing sideway range cycles. As long as I am not seeing a 50 degree cycle dip, I will hold on to my shares I bought till it achieve the target returns I wanted.
So BHI has lost 0.62% to $$43.03. It's ok because it has passed my selection criteria mentioned 2 days ago. Even so, I am still in the money since I bought it at less than $42. OSG closed at $38.37, gained 1.27%, BKS $21.79 up 0.18%, PMTC $13.81 up 0.44%, and Forest Lab $29.71 up 1.75%.
Comtech Technology was down 2.26% to close at $33.24, but that's the stock I did not buy as I do not see any interesting signals for immediate purchase. So overall I am in the money even as DJIA fell 0.48%. And I can only wish Liverpool will play better this Sunday!
By the way, if any of you friends are keen to see the cycle charts for the stocks you are following, do let me know and i will try my best to post them here for discussion.

Have a good day.

Francies Cheng
BBus MAppliedFinance

No comments:

Post a Comment